Greetings Bobcat Families,
I hope you had a great weekend! As a reminder, Friday (11/9) is an Early Release Day. Please pick your student up promptly at 12:00 pm or sign-up to attend the after-school program by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. In honor of Veteran’s Day, ERA will be closed on Monday, November 12. Thank you to all of those who have served in our Armed Forces. You are greatly appreciated.
Please continue reading for this week’s updates:
1. Pre-ACT RESCHEDULED: ACT has rescheduled our test date for sophomore students to Tuesday, November 27. Please contact Mrs. Martin at email@example.com with any Pre-ACT questions.
2. Fall Chorus Concert: Please join us this Thursday, Nov.8 as the ERA Chorus debuts featuring a variety of musical styles and genres, a live band, and choreography. This high energy show is sure to rejuvenate you! Join us at the High School Gym at 7:00 pm. The show features our High School Chorus plus some of our Middle School Singers.
3. Key Club Holiday Drive: The Key Club is hosting a Holiday Drive that began Friday, November 2nd and will run through Dec. 7th. There are signs with boxes underneath for the items brought. The following items are needed: toilet paper, toothbrushes, toothpaste, laundry detergent, paper towels, Clorox wipes, shampoo, conditioner, body soap, feminine products, dish soap, flashlight / candles, first aid, tissues, and canned foods. All donations are appreciated. Please email Alivia Ton (firstname.lastname@example.org) Dallas Graham (email@example.com or Mrs. Lopez (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
4. ERA Community Blood Drive: The National Honor Society at Eno River Academy is working with the American Red Cross to facilitate a blood drive on January 2nd. The blood drive will be open to any students, parents, and staff members who are eligible to participate. Additionally, it will be open to the community for anyone who is interested in being a blood donor. During the holiday season, there is a dire need for blood due to the lack of blood drives organized while school is out of session. In addition to providing blood to patients during a critical time of the year, the American Red Cross will also provide college scholarship money to the student who organizes the blood drive during winter break. If you are interested in becoming a blood donor, please fill out the following form to pledge your support. Once the date and time is finalized, you will receive information in regards to how to sign up to donate. Link to Pledge: https://goo.gl/forms/
5. Cello Lessons: ERA is excited to announce the opportunity for after-school cello lessons with Ms. Emily Austin Smith on Tuesday afternoons. Please see the attached bio to learn more about Ms. Smith.
Upcoming Calendar Events
- Monday, November 12 – No School (Veteran’s Day)
- Thursday, November 15 – Boys BB @ Roxboro Community (4:30 PM)
- Friday, November 16 – Progress Report Distribution
- Monday, November 19 – Advisory
- Monday, November 19 – Boys BB vs. Clover Garden @ HOME (5:00 PM)
- Tuesday, November 20 – Career Day
- Tuesday, November 20 – Girls BB @ Carolina Friends (6:00 PM)
- Tuesday, November 20 – Boys BB @ Carolina Friends (4:30 PM)
- Wednesday, November 21 – Friday, November 23 – Thanksgiving Break
- Thursday, November 29 – Boys BB @ Carolina Friends (4:00 PM)
- Friday, November 30 – Girls BB @ Chatham Central (5:00 PM)
- Friday, November 30 – Boys BB @ Chatham Central (6:30 PM)
Thank you for all you do to make ERA a great place to work and learn!