High School Students and Families,
Apologies for the delay in receiving this week’s message. We had a family member test positive for Covid-19 over the weekend and had to pivot yesterday. For the next two weeks, I will be quarantining and working from home. Email will be the best way to reach me if you need to get in touch as I will not be in the office. I appreciate your understanding.
Please see below for the latest and greatest updates from the high school world. You can also access this message in the ERA HS Parent Resource Folder.
Updates and Announcements:
- 2021-2022 School Calendar: The school calendar for next year has been released. Click here for a copy.
- Remote Learning and Second Semester: We will be in remote learning for second semester. If you missed Ms. Bair’s town hall on Thursday, click here for the recording.
- Board of Directors Newsletter: Our ERA Board of Directors has started a quarterly newsletter to keep you informed of what is happening with matters related to the Board. Click here for the premiere edition.
- Intent to Enroll Deadline THIS FRIDAY: If you have not completed your Intent to Enroll form it is due this Friday, January 29 or you may lose your spot at ERA for the 2021-22 school year. Information available on Apply – Eno River Academy
- HS Virtual Tour on Tuesday: Spread the word! We are having another high school virtual tour on Tuesday, February 2 at 9 a.m., for prospective students and families. More information is on our website.
- February Meeting Schedule: Click here for a list of upcoming Board and task force meetings in February.
- Senior Yearbook Ads: Last chance to place a senior ad in this year’s yearbook. If you would like to purchase a senior ad, you have until February 11. Click here for more information and to purchase an ad. Email Mrs. Loftin if you have any questions.
- Virtual Book Fair: The Scholastic Book Fair is back! While the Fair will be exclusively held online this year, we still plan on making it a fun and joyous experience for our kids. Click here for more information and details.
- Women’s Varsity Basketball – Optional Zoom-based Skills Sessions with Coach Gatt: Any currently enrolled eligible high school girl interested in trying out for varsity basketball next year is invited to attend Coach Gatt’s Zoom-based skills sessions! Every other Friday, from Noon to 1:00 PM on the following dates: 2/5, 2/19, 3/5, 3/19, 4/16, 4/30, 5/14. Summer schedule is TBD. Please RSVP to coach Gatt to get the Zoom link.
- Live Class Links: We have created a document with the links for classes. If you do not see a link listed for a teacher’s class, please email/contact that teacher directly.
- Instructional Resources: Last semester, we created a resource folder with notetaking guides and other templates to help students. Click here to access the folder.
- NCSSM Summer Accelerator Classes: The North Carolina School of Science and Math is offering summer accelerator classes to rising students in grades 10-12. Click here to learn more about the classes and programs.
Thanks again for your continued flexibility and support. Let’s continue to ROAR and SOAR! Go Bobcats!
Partners in Education,