High School Students and Families,
Happy New Year! I hope this email finds you well and rested after the winter break. Second semester is here, and we are excited for a fresh start. We learned many lessons during our fall semester of remote learning and are making tweaks to improve our process for January.
Please see below for the latest and greatest updates from the high school world. You can also access this message in the ERA HS Parent Resource Folder.
Updates and Announcements:
- Teacher Workday on Monday, January 4: This is a teacher workday and no classes for students. Teachers will be reaching out to students (if not already) with information and class meeting links for the week ahead. Here’s the link to the 2020-2021 school calendar just in case you need it.
- Remote Learning Schedule: For second semester, we have tweaked the remote learning daily schedule to allow for more consistent meeting days and times based on feedback shared with us. We are also moving our flex day to Friday to align with the K-8 schedule.
- Remote Learning and Second Semester: We will be in remote learning for all of January. On January 15, Ms. Bair will make a decision about whether we stay remote or return under Plan B for February 1 and beyond.
- Second Semester Town Hall: On January 4 at 5 p.m., we will have a town hall for parents and students as a kick off for second semester. During this town hall, we will review the new remote learning schedule, student expectations, and a Canvas overview/tutorial. Zoom meeting link and information provided in original email.
- Canvas: All teachers will be using Canvas as the learning management system for second semester. We will be having an overview of the system during our Town Hall meeting on January 4.
- Schedule Changes for Second Semester: All students who requested a schedule change should have received an update prior to break regarding their requests unless it was a special circumstance/issue.
- Diversity and Inclusion Task Force: The next meeting will be on January 11 at 5 p.m. Click here for the meeting link and information.
- January ERA Board of Directors Meeting: The next Board meeting will be held on January 20 from 5-7 p.m. Click here for the meeting link and information.
- Next Prospective Student Tour: Our next virtual tour for prospective students and families will be January 12. More information is on our website. Please feel free to share with any friends and neighbors.
- Staff Update: As some of you may have heard, Mrs. McBride, one of our math teachers, was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. She has given an update on her treatment and next steps. If you would like to support her during this time, you can go to this website to help out in a variety of ways.
- Good News Gazette: Click here for the latest stories highlighting our students’ and staff’s accomplishments. Feel free to share any good news with Dr. Davis. This will be a feature in each weekly message.
Thanks again for your continued flexibility and support. Let’s continue to ROAR and SOAR! Go Bobcats!