High School Families,
Happy Halloween Week! Please see below for the latest and greatest updates from the high school world. You can also access this message in the ERA HS Parent Resource Folder.
Students, we hope to see you on Wednesday at either the Senior Brunch, Halloween fun, or both! See details below. We have free candy! 🙂
Updates and Announcements:
- Diversity and Inclusion Group Update: We are excited to share the following statement from our Diversity and Inclusion Task Force. This group is tasked with helping ERA create an environment that is both diverse and inclusive in our hiring, curriculum, and community. We know this is a challenging time so if you or your child would like assistance or conversation, please reach out to our administrative team or guidance counselors. Click here for more information.
- Meeting on Study Block Days: Students who have 7 or more absences or have below a 65 average will be required to start meeting with teachers during the asynchronous/study block days. This is to help at-risk students stay on track academically, make up missing assignments, and get additional help with content.
- Peer Tutoring: Our National Honor Society students are offering free peer tutoring to students who may need extra help with a class or study support. Click here to learn more about the program. Students who are interested in receiving tutoring can use this form to sign up (48 hour prior notice is required).
- PATH Ambassadors: We are looking for parents to serve as PATH Ambassadors, who will work as liaisons between the school and families with communication, programs, and other initiatives. If interested, please email Dr. Davis.
- Attendance and Assignments Reminder: If your student will be absent from class, be sure to notify Ms. Mitchell our front office manager in addition to the classroom teacher(s). Notifying the front office in advance does not automatically make the absence excused. Students who are traveling during remote learning are still responsible for attending class and turning in work on assigned due dates.
- Prospective Student/Family Virtual Tour: Know a prospective high school student? Invite him/her to join us for a virtual tour on Tuesday, November 3 from 9-10 a.m. Check our website for more information. The tour link will be posted later this week.
- Senior Class Drive-Thru Brunch: On Wednesday, October 28, we will have a drive-thru brunch for our senior class from 12-1 p.m. in the high school student parking lot. Students can pick up assorted breakfast treats from teachers/volunteers while eating in their cars or outside while practicing social distancing guidelines. Donations and volunteers are needed for this event. Click here to sign up.
- Fall into Fun: Come join us for some Halloween fun from 1:30-2:30 in the high school student parking lot for a pumpkin decorating/jack-o-lantern contest, costume contest, and/or good ole fashioned trick-or-treating. If you are coming to trick-or-treat, we will have drive-thru candy stations for you. No need to stay if you are not participating in the contests. Prizes will be awarded for contestants. Click here to sign up for the pumpkin or costume contest.
- Orange County Library Student Accounts: All ERA students have been incorporated into OCPL’s Student Easy Access Program. More information about the program can be found on OCPL’s website and login information can be found here.
- Good News Gazette: Click here for the latest stories highlighting our students’ and staff’s accomplishments. Feel free to share any good news with Dr. Davis. This will be a feature in each weekly message.
- Kids Helping Kids Club: Our Kids Helping Kids club is sponsoring a food drive to benefit the Bone Marrow floor at Duke Hospital. Click here for the flyer and more info.
- Habitat for Humanity Club: Our Habitat for Humanity club is offering a couple of fall fundraisers including a crafting event for our younger students. Click here to learn more. You can pay for the events through the ERA PayPal Donation Account or via a check.
- Support the Earth Challenge Club: The Earth Challenge Club is gearing up for the online International People’s Eco-challenge that happens twice a year. Click here to find out how you can support our students in this club and help our environment.
- Remote Learning School Office Hours: Our front office will be open from 9-1 Monday through Friday for students/families to pick up/drop off items.
Thanks again for your continued flexibility and support. Let’s continue to ROAR and SOAR! Go Bobcats!