High School Families,
Please see below for the latest and greatest updates from the high school world. You can also access this message in the ERA HS Parent Resource Folder. Have a wonderful week and a restful fall break!
Updates and Announcements:
- Last Day of the Quarter and Fall Break: The last day of first quarter is October 9, and the school will be closed for fall break the week of October 12. Students should check with teachers to see when any final due dates are for turning in any missing/late assignments.
- Meeting on Study Block Days: Students who have 7 or more absences or have below a 65 average will be required to start meeting with teachers during the asynchronous/study block days. This is to help at-risk students stay on track academically, make up missing assignments, and get help with content.
- Report Cards: Report Cards will be distributed on Friday, October 23.
- PATH Ambassadors: We are looking for parents to serve as PATH Ambassadors, who will work as liaisons between the school and families with communication, programs, and other initiatives. If interested, please email Dr. Davis.
- Attendance and Assignments Reminder: If your student will be absent from class, be sure to notify Ms. Mitchell our front office manager in addition to the classroom teacher(s). Notifying the front office in advance does not automatically make the absence excused. Students who are traveling during remote learning are still responsible for attending class and turning in work on assigned due dates.
- Orange County Library Student Accounts: All ERA students have been incorporated into OCPL’s Student Easy Access Program. More information about the program can be found on OCPL’s website and login information can be found here.
- Social Distance Chalk Art Day: Eno River Academy’s National Art Honor Society is excited to give students an opportunity to hang out and be creative this Wednesday (October 7) for our NAHS CHALK DAY. The event will start at 11:45AM and will be held in the back parking lot of the high school. Faculty will be on hand to supervise and you are required to wear masks and observe social distancing rules. A waiver signature and sign up is also required. To keep things to code, please RSVP here as well as fill out and complete/print this waiver to participate. We want to provide an opportunity to be together but as safely as possible.
- Good News Gazette: Last year, we featured stories highlighting our students’ and staff’s accomplishments. We are happy to start this up again. Feel free to share any good news with Dr. Davis. This will be a feature in each weekly message.
- Support the Earth Challenge Club: The Earth Challenge Club is gearing up for the online International People’s Eco-challenge that happens twice a year. Click here to find out how you can support our students in this club and help our environment.
- FEMMESHacks: Duke University is sponsoring a one-day event for high school female students interested in computer science and careers in this industry. Click here to learn more and register for this free event.
- Remote Learning School Office Hours: Our front office will be open from 9-1 Monday through Friday for students/families to pick up/drop off items.
- Summer 2021 Trip to Europe: ERA High School will be offering a 13-day trip to Italy, France, and Spain for the summer of 2021, departing early June. Click here to see the itinerary. Email Dr. Davis if you would like to learn more about the trip and pricing.
Thanks again for your continued flexibility and support. Let’s continue to ROAR and SOAR! Go Bobcats!
Partners in Education,