High School Families,
Thanksgiving is next week. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday however that may look in 2020. There will not be a weekly message next week since it is an abbreviated week.
Please see below for the latest and greatest updates from the high school world. You can also access this message in the ERA HS Parent Resource Folder.
Updates and Announcements:
- Material Pick Up and Drop Off: Due to recent weather-related issues, we are implementing a new system for picking up and dropping off any classroom materials/supplies. Our office is open to the public Monday through Friday from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Materials will be available to pick up outside (weather permitting) in labeled bins. If you need to pick up something after 1 p.m., please contact our office manager, Ms. Mitchell, by 12:30 so that she can leave the materials securely for you. You can contact her via email at email@example.com or call the front office at 919-241-8903. Thank you for your help with this especially after cleaning up many soggy materials!
- November Board Meeting: The next Board of Directors meeting will be on Thursday, November 19. (Link is in the original email and will not be shared publicly outside of current ERA families.)
- Diversity and Inclusion Task Force Meeting: The next D & I Task Force meeting will be on Monday, November 23 at 5 p.m. (Link is in the original email and will not be shared publicly outside of current ERA families.)
- Final Exam Schedule: We are still waiting on updates from the state with regards to End-of-Course exams and testing. Stay tuned, and we will share our final exam schedule after the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Second Semester Schedule: We will share more information about our plan for second semester instructional model in early December. Stay tuned.
- Senior Supply Orders: Jostens has extended the deadline for cap and gown or graduation announcement orders to November 30. Please visit https://www.jostens.com/apps/
store/customer/2770925/Eno- River-Academy/ to place your order. Order by November 30 and you will still receive our school’s special pricing! A link is also on our Student Life – High School page.
- Peer Tutoring: Our National Honor Society students are offering free peer tutoring to students who may need extra help with a class or study support. Click here to learn more about the program. Students who are interested in receiving tutoring can use this form to sign up (48 hour prior notice is required).
- Orange County Library Student Accounts: All ERA students have been incorporated into OCPL’s Student Easy Access Program. More information about the program can be found on OCPL’s website and login information can be found here.
- Book Drive: November 16 through November 29, NHS is hosting a book drive! Please donate new or lightly used paperback books. There will be a bin set up outside the high school where you can drop off the books. All of the books will be donated to the Prison Books Collective! For more information about the Prison Book Collective, visit https://prisonbooks.info/
- Good News Gazette: Click here for the latest stories highlighting our students’ and staff’s accomplishments. Feel free to share any good news with Dr. Davis. This will be a feature in each weekly message.
- Thanksgiving Food Drive: The Good Works Club and Tri-M Music Society are sponsoring a Thanksgiving food drive to help needy families in conjunction with the Salvation Army. Click here to learn more about how to support this drive and an informational flyer.
- Kids Helping Kids Club: Our Kids Helping Kids Club is sponsoring a food drive to benefit the Bone Marrow floor at Duke Hospital. Click here for the flyer and more info.
Thanks again for your continued flexibility and support. Let’s continue to ROAR and SOAR! Go Bobcats!
Partners in Education,