High School Families,
November is here, which means the Thanksgiving and holiday rush will soon be upon us. Please see below for the latest and greatest updates from the high school world. You can also access this message in the ERA HS Parent Resource Folder.
Updates and Announcements:
- Prospective Student/Family Virtual Tour: Know a prospective high school student? Invite him/her to join us for a virtual tour on Tuesday, November 3 from 9-10 a.m. Check our website for more information. The tour link is available on the school website.
- Cats Chat: Join Dr. Davis on Thursday, November 4 from 5-6 for an informal chat about the latest happenings at the high school. This is a time to get updates/info, ask questions, and offer feedback. (Link is in the original email and will not be shared publicly outside of current ERA families.)
- Meeting on Study Block Days: Students who have 7 or more absences or have below a 65 average will be required to start meeting with teachers during the asynchronous/study block days. This is to help at-risk students stay on track academically, make up missing assignments, and get additional help with content.
- Peer Tutoring: Our National Honor Society students are offering free peer tutoring to students who may need extra help with a class or study support. Click here to learn more about the program. Students who are interested in receiving tutoring can use this form to sign up (48 hour prior notice is required).
- Orange County Library Student Accounts: All ERA students have been incorporated into OCPL’s Student Easy Access Program. More information about the program can be found on OCPL’s website and login information can be found here.
- Good News Gazette: Click here for the latest stories highlighting our students’ and staff’s accomplishments. Feel free to share any good news with Dr. Davis. This will be a feature in each weekly message.
- Thanksgiving Food Drive: The Good Works Club and Tri-M Music Society are sponsoring a Thanksgiving food drive to help needy families in conjunction with the Salvation Army. Click here to learn more about how to support this drive and an informational flyer.
- Kids Helping Kids Club: Our Kids Helping Kids Club is sponsoring a food drive to benefit the Bone Marrow floor at Duke Hospital. Click here for the flyer and more info.
- Habitat for Humanity Club: Our Habitat for Humanity club is offering a couple of fall fundraisers including a crafting event for our younger students. Click here to learn more. You can pay for the events through the ERA PayPal Donation Account or via a check.
- Remote Learning School Office Hours: Our front office will be open from 9-1 Monday through Friday for students/families to pick up/drop off items.
Thanks again for your continued flexibility and support. Let’s continue to ROAR and SOAR! Go Bobcats!