High School Families,
I hope you had a wonderful, delicious Thanksgiving holiday. Tomorrow marks the first of December, which means the start of the holiday season and the winding down of fall semester.
Please see below for the latest and greatest updates from the high school world. You can also access this message in the ERA HS Parent Resource Folder.
Updates and Announcements:
- High School Virtual Tour for Prospective Students: We will have our next virtual tour for prospective students and families tomorrow, December 1 at 9 a.m. Click here for the Zoom meeting information.
- Donations for Needy Families: Sadly, our number of needy families has increased this year. If you would like to donate a gift card for those in need, please drop it off at the high school from 9am-1pm by December 11th. Walmart or Target gift cards are best so that families can purchase food, clothing and/or gifts. Grocery store gift cards are also appreciated. Thank you in advance for your generosity. If you are in need and would like to be included, please email me directly. Your information will be kept confidential.
- Underclassmen Pictures: Students in grades 9-11 can sign up to have their pictures taken next Tuesday, December 8 for the yearbook. Click here to sign up for an appointment time. Upon arrival, students will have a temperature check and answer health screener questions. While in the building, students must properly wear a mask except for when taking their picture. Parents may wait outside in their cars, or follow the same guidelines if they choose to come inside.
- December Board Meeting: The next Board of Directors meeting will be on Wednesday, December 9. (Link is in the original email and will not be shared publicly outside of current ERA families.)
- Diversity and Inclusion Task Force Meeting: The next D & I Task Force meeting will be on Monday, December 14 at 5 p.m. (Link is in the original email and will not be shared publicly outside of current ERA families.)
- Final Exam Schedule: We are still finalizing our exam schedule based upon updates from the State Board of Education this week. A special edition email will go out on Thursday afternoon with the exam schedule and more specific details.
- Second Semester Schedule: Ms. Bair and Dr. Davis will be sharing the learning plan for second semester the week of December 7.
- Senior Supply Orders: Last day to place senior supply order at the special pricing! Please visit https://www.jostens.com/apps/
store/customer/2770925/Eno- River-Academy/ to place your order.
- Kids Helping Kids Toiletry Drive: Our Kids Helping Kids Club is sponsoring a toiletry drive to help families in our local community. They are looking for items such as toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant, soap/body wash, razors, shaving cream, shampoo, feminine products, etc. Click here to sign up to donate items on the wish list.
- Peer Tutoring: Our National Honor Society students are offering free peer tutoring to students who may need extra help with a class or study support. Click here to learn more about the program. Students who are interested in receiving tutoring can use this form to sign up (48 hour prior notice is required).
- Orange County Library Student Accounts: All ERA students have been incorporated into OCPL’s Student Easy Access Program. More information about the program can be found on OCPL’s website and login information can be found here.
- Good News Gazette: Click here for the latest stories highlighting our students’ and staff’s accomplishments. Feel free to share any good news with Dr. Davis. This will be a feature in each weekly message.
- Material Pick Up and Drop Off: Due to recent weather-related issues, we are implementing a new system for picking up and dropping off any classroom materials/supplies. Our office is open to the public Monday through Friday from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Materials will be available to pick up outside (weather permitting) in labeled bins. If you need to pick up something after 1 p.m., please contact our office manager, Ms. Mitchell, by 12:30 so that she can leave the materials securely for you. You can contact her via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the front office at 919-241-8903. Thank you for your help with this especially after cleaning up many soggy materials!
Thanks again for your continued flexibility and support. Let’s continue to ROAR and SOAR! Go Bobcats!
Partners in Education,