High School Families,
November is here, which means the Thanksgiving and holiday rush will soon be upon us. Please see below for the latest and greatest updates from the high school world. You can also access this message in the ERA HS Parent Resource Folder.
Updates and Announcements:
- No School on Wednesday: In honor of the Veterans’ Day Holiday, there will be no school on Wednesday. Our office will be closed to the public as well.
- Diversity and Inclusion Task Force Meeting: The next D & I Task Force meeting will be Tuesday, November 10 from 5-6 p.m. (Link is in the original email and will not be shared publicly outside of current ERA families.).
- November Board Meeting: The next Board of Directors meeting will be on Thursday, November 19. (Link is in the original email and will not be shared publicly outside of current ERA families.)
- Final Exam Schedule: We are still waiting on updates from the state with regards to End-of-Course exams and testing. Stay tuned and we will share our final exam schedule after the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Second Semester Schedule: No decision has been made for second semester in regards to remote learning or face-to-face instruction. We will keep you posted.
- Meeting on Study Block Days: Students who have 7 or more absences or have below a 65 average will be required to start meeting with teachers during the asynchronous/study block days. This is to help at-risk students stay on track academically, make up missing assignments, and get additional help with content.
- Peer Tutoring: Our National Honor Society students are offering free peer tutoring to students who may need extra help with a class or study support. Click here to learn more about the program. Students who are interested in receiving tutoring can use this form to sign up (48 hour prior notice is required).
- Orange County Library Student Accounts: All ERA students have been incorporated into OCPL’s Student Easy Access Program. More information about the program can be found on OCPL’s website and login information can be found here.
- Book Drive: November 16 through November 29, NHS is hosting a book drive! Please donate new or lightly used paperback books. There will be a bin set up outside the high school where you can drop off the books. All of the books will be donated to the Prison Books Collective! For more information about the Prison Book Collective, visit https://prisonbooks.info/
- Good News Gazette: Click here for the latest stories highlighting our students’ and staff’s accomplishments. Feel free to share any good news with Dr. Davis. This will be a feature in each weekly message.
- Thanksgiving Food Drive: The Good Works Club and Tri-M Music Society are sponsoring a Thanksgiving food drive to help needy families in conjunction with the Salvation Army. Click here to learn more about how to support this drive and an informational flyer.
- Kids Helping Kids Club: Our Kids Helping Kids Club is sponsoring a food drive to benefit the Bone Marrow floor at Duke Hospital. Click here for the flyer and more info.
- Habitat for Humanity Club: Our Habitat for Humanity club is offering a couple of fall fundraisers including a crafting event for our younger students. Click here to learn more. You can pay for the events through the ERA PayPal Donation Account or via a check.
- Remote Learning School Office Hours: Our front office will be open from 9-1 Monday through Friday for students/families to pick up/drop off items.
Thanks again for your continued flexibility and support. Let’s continue to ROAR and SOAR! Go Bobcats!