High School Students and Families,
We made it! Fall semester is over. Woo hoo! We hope you all have a wonderful, safe, and restful holiday break! Enjoy the last weekly message of 2020.
Please see below for the latest and greatest updates from the high school world. You can also access this message in the ERA HS Parent Resource Folder.
Updates and Announcements:
- Remote Learning and Second Semester: We will be in remote learning for all of January. On January 15, Ms. Bair will make a decision about whether we stay remote or return under Plan B for February 1 and beyond.
- Remote Learning Schedule: For second semester, we have tweaked the remote learning daily schedule to allow for more consistent meeting days and times based on feedback shared with us. We are also moving our flex day to Friday to align with the K-8 schedule.
- Schedule Changes for Second Semester: All students who requested a schedule change should have received an update this week regarding their requests unless it was a special circumstance/issue.
- Second Semester Town Hall: On January 4 at 5 p.m., we will have a town hall for parents and students as a kick off for second semester. During this town hall, we will review the new remote learning schedule, student expectations, and a Canvas overview/tutorial.
- Canvas: All teachers will be using Canvas as the learning management system for second semester. We will be having an overview of the system during our Town Hall meeting on January 4.
- Staff Update: As some of you may have heard, Mrs. McBride, one of our math teachers, was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. She has given an update on her treatment and next steps. If you would like to support her during this time, contact Mr. Oakley (firstname.lastname@example.org) who is helping to coordinate resources.
- Music Podcast: The ERA HS Band and Orchestra have created a music and poetry podcast to bring some warmth and cheer to you during the break. We truly appreciate all your hard work and wanted to find a way to uplift you. There are podcasts for each day we are off, and each lasts less than 5 min. They are family friendly :). They are our gift to you! We hope you will enjoy them!! (Click on the little white triangle in the upper left corner of the recordings to hear each podcast). ERA 2020 Holiday Music and Poetry Podcast
- Performing Arts Mystery Show: Our Performing Arts class put together their own unique version of Clue. Check out the performance: CLICK HERE TO ENJOY STORYTIME!
- Good News Gazette: Click here for the latest stories highlighting our students’ and staff’s accomplishments. Feel free to share any good news with Dr. Davis. This will be a feature in each weekly message.
Thanks again for your continued flexibility and support. Let’s continue to ROAR and SOAR! Go Bobcats!
Partners in Education,