High School Students and Families,
Week one of quarantine is over. So far, I have tested negative, but my fiance has tested positive. He has lost his sense of taste and smell while battling a stuffy nose and body aches. Thanks to those who reached out with kind words and offers of support this past week.
Please see below for the latest and greatest updates from the high school world. You can also access this message in the ERA HS Parent Resource Folder.
Updates and Announcements:
- The Week Ahead: Wednesday is an early release day. We will follow the Friday schedule for that day with shortened classes. Students will finish classes by 11:45. Click here for a copy of the schedule. Monday, February 8 is a teacher workday, and no live classes will be held that day.
- HS Virtual Tour on Tuesday: Spread the word! We are having another high school virtual tour on Tuesday, February 2 at 9 a.m., for prospective students and families. Click here for the tour link info.
- Curriculum Fair: We are excited to offer our second annual Curriculum Fair on Tuesday, February 9 from 5-7 p.m. This is an opportunity for students and families to learn about course offerings, college planning, AP courses, CCP program, and more in preparation for our upcoming 2021-2022 registration period. Click here for the agenda. We are still updating some of the workshop session links. A final agenda will be shared next week. Here is the meeting link information for the Curriculum Fair.
- National School Counselor Week: We have an awesome school counselor, Mr. Josh Schaffer. This guy does it all for our high school students and families. Help celebrate all he does for the ERA HS community by sending him a note of gratitude or thanks this week.
- School Photos: On Friday, February 12, Strawbridge Studios will be taking yearbook pictures at the high school gym for students in grades 9-11. Use the link below to sign up for a time.This will be the last chance for students to have their pictures taken for the yearbook. Yearbook Photo Signup for Students in Grades 9-11
- Picture Pickup: School Pictures have been delivered to the HS campus. Please stop by the main office between 9:00am-1:00pm between February 5-19 to view your photos and purchase if you choose to. Click here for a flyer containing price info. Be prepared to purchase (cash or check) when you arrive.
- Adopt-A-Senior 2021: Last year was a huge success, so we’re going to offer the opportunity for community members to Adopt-A-Senior again with a few extra options. See the sign up genius here. Questions? Contact Mrs. Martin for more information.
- Senior Yearbook Ads: Last chance to place a senior ad in this year’s yearbook. If you would like to purchase a senior ad, you have until February 11. Click here for more information and to purchase an ad. Email Mrs. Loftin if you have any questions.
- Diversity & Inclusion Club: We have a new student club starting that is focusing on promoting diversity and inclusion. The club will meet each Tuesday at 3:45. Click here for the meeting link. Questions? Contact Ms. Kuhl for more information.
- Virtual Book Fair: The Scholastic Book Fair is back! While the Fair will be exclusively held online this year, we still plan on making it a fun and joyous experience for our kids. Click here for more information and details.
- Upcoming Testing Dates for 10th and 11th Graders: On Tuesday, February 23, all juniors will take the ACT test at the high school. Sophomores will take the Pre-ACT on Tuesday, March 23 at the high school.
- Women’s Varsity Basketball – Optional Zoom-based Skills Sessions with Coach Gatt: Any currently enrolled eligible high school girl interested in trying out for varsity basketball next year is invited to attend Coach Gatt’s Zoom-based skills sessions! Every other Friday, from Noon to 1:00 PM on the following dates: 2/5, 2/19, 3/5, 3/19, 4/16, 4/30, 5/14. Summer schedule is TBD. Please RSVP to coach Gatt to get the Zoom link.
- NCSSM Summer Accelerator Classes: The North Carolina School of Science and Math is offering summer accelerator classes to rising students in grades 10-12. Click here to learn more about the classes and programs.
- 2021-2022 School Calendar: The school calendar for next year has been released. Click here for a copy.
- Remote Learning and Second Semester: We will be in remote learning for second semester. If you missed Ms. Bair’s town hall on Thursday, click here for the recording.
- Board of Directors Newsletter: Our ERA Board of Directors has started a quarterly newsletter to keep you informed of what is happening with matters related to the Board. Click here for the premiere edition.
- February Meeting Schedule: Click here for a list of upcoming Board and task force meetings in February.
- Live Class Links: We have created a document with the links for classes. If you do not see a link listed for a teacher’s class, please email/contact that teacher directly.
- Instructional Resources: Last semester, we created a resource folder with notetaking guides and other templates to help students. Click here to access the folder.
Thanks again for your continued flexibility and support. Let’s continue to ROAR and SOAR! Go Bobcats!
Partners in Education,