High School Students and Families,
Happy belated Valentine’s Day! I hope your long weekend was filled with love and warmth especially in the chilly temperatures we had.
Please see below for the latest and greatest updates from the high school world. You can also access this message in the ERA HS Parent Resource Folder.
Updates and Announcements:
- February Board of Directors Meeting: The next Board meeting is tonight, February 16 from 5-7 p.m. Click here for the meeting link information.
- February Town Hall Meeting: Ms. Bair will host a Town Hall meeting on Wednesday, February 17, to discuss hybrid learning. Click here for for the meeting link information.
- February Future Visions Meeting: Next meeting is Monday, February 22, at 5 p.m.. Click here for the meeting link information.
- Registration Kickoff Meeting: We will have a registration kickoff meeting on Friday, February 19. Current students in grades 9-11 should check their emails today for an update regarding the time and meeting link.
- Upcoming Testing Dates for 10th and 11th Graders: On Tuesday, February 23, all juniors will take the ACT test at the high school. Sophomores will take the Pre-ACT on Tuesday, March 23 at the high school.
- Summer 2022 Europe Trip: ERA High School will be offering a 13-day trip to Italy, France, and Spain for the summer of 2022, departing early June. Click here to see the itinerary. Dr. Davis will have an info meeting on Thursday, February 18 at 5 p.m. Click here to RSVP for the meeting: https://bit.ly/2NXCpCF
- NHS Invitations: Students in tenth and eleventh grade who are eligible to participate in the National Honor Society have received an invitation and application from Ms. Ellington, the society sponsor. To qualify, students must have a 3.5 weighted GPA or higher. The deadline to complete and return the application is 5 p.m. on March 1.
- Book Fair Drawing Winners: Congratulations to Alex M (5th grade) for winning the ERA facemask from the drawing held after both Zoom Social Shopping Hours and Congratulations to Kaylin G (3rd grade) for winning the ERA facemask from the Book Fair Scavenger Hunt Submissions! Yay! You can both pick up your facemask from Mrs. Triplett in the K-8 front office.
- Picture Pickup: School Pictures taken last fall have been delivered to the HS campus. Please stop by the main office between 9:00am-1:00pm between February 5-19 to view your photos and purchase if you choose to. Click here for a flyer containing price info. Be prepared to purchase (cash or check) when you arrive.
- Adopt-A-Senior 2021: Last year was a huge success, so we’re going to offer the opportunity for community members to Adopt-A-Senior again with a few extra options. See the sign up genius here. Questions? Contact Mrs. Martin for more information.
- Diversity & Inclusion Club: We have a new student club starting that is focusing on promoting diversity and inclusion. The club will meet each Tuesday at 3:45. Click here for the meeting link. Questions? Contact Ms. Kuhl for more information.
- Good News Gazette: Click here for the latest stories highlighting our students’ and staff’s accomplishments. Feel free to share any good news with Dr. Davis. This will be a feature in each weekly message.
Thanks again for your continued flexibility and support. Let’s continue to ROAR and SOAR! Go Bobcats!