High School Students and Families,
Wow, last week was quite the week, and now we are busy preparing for students to return March 15 and beyond. I have to give a HUGE shout-out to our ERA faculty and staff. They have embraced yet another change with professionalism and grace. If you haven’t thanked them recently, take my lead, and reach out.
For those of you that did sign up for hybrid, I would like to remind you that we have a HUGE set of rules for you to follow in the hybrid protocols document. I’ve attached it for your reference. Please note that tardies, walking a student to class, mask-wearing and late pick-ups are high on the list of things to read up on. We will not budge on these items, so please pay close attention to those.
Please see below for the latest and greatest updates from the high school world. You can also access this message in the ERA HS Parent Resource Folder.
Updates and Announcements:
- Registration Information: Students in grades 9-11 received registration information and the course registration form for the 2021-22 school year on Friday. Parents were copied on those grade level emails. If you did not receive that, please reach out to Dr. Davis, and she will forward that information.
- Upcoming Testing Dates for 10th and 11th Graders: On Tuesday, February 23, all juniors will take the ACT test at the high school. Sophomores will take the Pre-ACT on Tuesday, March 23 at the high school.
- Summer 2022 Europe Trip: ERA High School will be offering a 13-day trip to Italy, France, and Spain for the summer of 2022, departing early June. Click here to see the itinerary. Email Dr. Davis for more information if interested.
- NHS Invitations: Students in tenth and eleventh grade who are eligible to participate in the National Honor Society have received an invitation and application from Ms. Ellington, the society sponsor. To qualify, students must have a 3.5 weighted GPA or higher. The deadline to complete and return the application is 5 p.m. on March 1.
- Adopt-A-Senior 2021: Last year was a huge success, so we’re going to offer the opportunity for community members to Adopt-A-Senior again with a few extra options. See the sign up genius here. Questions? Contact Mrs. Martin for more information.
- Diversity & Inclusion Club: We have a new student club starting that is focusing on promoting diversity and inclusion. The club will meet each Tuesday at 3:45. Click here for the meeting link. Questions? Contact Ms. Kuhl for more information.
- Good News Gazette: Click here for the latest stories highlighting our students’ and staff’s accomplishments. Feel free to share any good news with Dr. Davis. This will be a feature in each weekly message.
Thanks again for your continued flexibility and support. Let’s continue to ROAR and SOAR! Go Bobcats!