High School Students and Families,
Quarantine is over at our house, and we are finally free to be out and about. While quarantined, I learned that I am not meant to be a homesteader. Thanks to those who reached out with kind words and offers of support this past week.
Please see below for the latest and greatest updates from the high school world. You can also access this message in the ERA HS Parent Resource Folder.
Updates and Announcements:
- The Week Ahead: Monday, February 15 is a school holiday in honor of Presidents’ Day. The school will be closed to staff, students, and visitors.
- Curriculum Fair: We are excited to offer our second annual Curriculum Fair on Tuesday, February 9 from 5-7 p.m. This is an opportunity for students and families to learn about course offerings, college planning, AP courses, CCP program, and more in preparation for our upcoming 2021-2022 registration period. Click here for the agenda. Here is the meeting link information for the Curriculum Fair.
- February Meeting Schedule: Click here for a list of upcoming Board and task force meetings in February.
- School Photos: On Friday, February 12, Strawbridge Studios will be taking yearbook pictures at the high school gym for students in grades 9-11. Use the link below to sign up for a time.This will be the last chance for students to have their pictures taken for the yearbook. Yearbook Photo Signup for Students in Grades 9-11
- Picture Pickup: School Pictures have been delivered to the HS 8 campus. Please stop by the main office between 9:00am-1:00pm between February 5-19 to view your photos and purchase if you choose to. Click here for a flyer containing price info. Be prepared to purchase (cash or check) when you arrive.
- Adopt-A-Senior 2021: Last year was a huge success, so we’re going to offer the opportunity for community members to Adopt-A-Senior again with a few extra options. See the sign up genius here. Questions? Contact Mrs. Martin for more information.
- Senior Yearbook Ads: Last chance to place a senior ad in this year’s yearbook. If you would like to purchase a senior ad, you have until February 11. Click here for more information and to purchase an ad. Email Mrs. Loftin if you have any questions.
- Diversity & Inclusion Club: We have a new student club starting that is focusing on promoting diversity and inclusion. The club will meet each Tuesday at 3:45. Click here for the meeting link. Questions? Contact Ms. Kuhl for more information.
- Virtual Book Fair: The Scholastic Book Fair is back! While the Fair will be exclusively held online this year, we still plan on making it a fun and joyous experience for our kids. Click here for more information and details. Online_Scavenger_Hunt
- Upcoming Testing Dates for 10th and 11th Graders: On Tuesday, February 23, all juniors will take the ACT test at the high school. Sophomores will take the Pre-ACT on Tuesday, March 23 at the high school.
- Summer 2022 Europe Trip: ERA High School will be offering a 13-day trip to Italy, France, and Spain for the summer of 2022, departing early June. Click here to see the itinerary. Dr. Davis will have an info meeting on Tuesday, February 16 at 5 p.m. Click here to RSVP for the meeting: https://bit.ly/2NXCpCF
- Good News Gazette: Click here for the latest stories highlighting our students’ and staff’s accomplishments. Feel free to share any good news with Dr. Davis. This will be a feature in each weekly message.
Thanks again for your continued flexibility and support. Let’s continue to ROAR and SOAR! Go Bobcats!