High School Students and Families,
The countdown to spring break is on. Three more days until we have some time off to recharge and renew ourselves for the last few weeks of the semester, which always go quickly.
Please see below for the latest and greatest updates from the high school world. You can also access this message in the ERA HS Parent Resource Folder.
Updates and Announcements:
- Hybrid Learning Schedule and Cohort Calendar: Click here to see the updated daily schedule for students. This schedule is being used for both hybrid and remote students. Also, we developed a hybrid cohort calendar to help keep track of which grade level attends each week.
- Spring Break: Just a reminder that ERA will be closed April 2-9. No staff will be on campus during this time.
- April Board of Directors’ Meeting: The next Board meeting will be held on Wednesday, April 14. Click here for the meeting link and information.
- Yearbook Order: Here is the link to order your ERA yearbook. ERA Yearbook Order Link. If you have questions, please reach out to our yearbook advisor Sarah Loftin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Photos for Yearbook: Our Yearbook staff need photos capturing events in the lives of our high school students this year. If you have photos you want to submit to the staff for consideration, use this link to upload your pictures.
- Peer Ambassador Program: Interested in being a student Peer Ambassador for the 2021-2022 school year? We are now accepting applications for students in grades 9-11 for our next cohort of Ambassadors. If you are interested, contact Dr. Davis, and she will send you information about the program and the application to complete.
- Diversity & Inclusion Club: The next club meeting will be on Tuesday, March 30, at 12:45. Anyone interested is welcome to attend. The club has a few new kickoff projects, and a drawing for prizes will be held for those who attend. See you at 12:45 pm: at this D & I club link
- Future Medical Professionals Club: The club is hosting a watch party of the panel discussion with three women, part of “Women of Resilience” series by National Geographic in honor of National Women’s History Month. Please join us by using the club link. For information on the speakers, click on resilient women.
- Summer Job Opportunity: Park Valley Pool in Hillsborough is looking for lifeguards this summer. Any interested students who are Red Cross trained are welcome to apply for a position There’s an application on the pool website: http://parkvalleypool.org.
- HS Spring Testing Calendar: While it is still a few weeks away, we wanted to share with you the high school testing calendar with AP and EOC Exams. Click here to access the calendar.
- Graduation Dates: Graduation rehearsal will be on May 25 at 2 p.m. and the graduation ceremony will be on May 27 at 4 p.m. The rehearsal date did change to accommodate testing. More information will be sent out about the rehearsal and ceremony after spring break to seniors and families.
- K-12 Spirit Days: Join in during your Zoom classes on some Spirit Day fun every Friday from now through the end of the school year! A list of all upcoming days is provided.
- Summer 2022 Europe Trip: ERA High School will be offering a 13-day trip to Italy, France, and Spain for the summer of 2022, departing early June. Click here to see the itinerary. Email Dr. Davis for more information if interested.
- Adopt-A-Senior 2021: Last year was a huge success, so we’re going to offer the opportunity for community members to Adopt-A-Senior again with a few extra options. See the sign up genius here. Questions? Contact Mrs. Martin for more information.
- Good News Gazette: Click here for the latest stories highlighting our students’ and staff’s accomplishments. Feel free to share any good news with Dr. Davis. This will be a feature in each weekly message.
Thanks again for your continued flexibility and support. Let’s continue to ROAR and SOAR! Go Bobcats!