High School Students and Families,
Lots of updates and announcements this week including course verification, a spring variety show, teacher appreciation, and athletic interest meetings.
Please see below for the latest and greatest updates from the high school world. You can also access this message in the ERA HS Parent Resource Folder.
Updates and Announcements:
- Hybrid Learning: The last week for hybrid learning will be April 26-30. After that, all students will be in remote learning due to EOG/EOC and AP Exams at both campuses.
- Course Verification: It’s time to verify courses for next year. Click here to access the document with directions and instructions on how to verify courses. This is the last opportunity to make changes/adjustments to course selections for the 2021-2022 school year prior to us creating the master schedule. The deadline to complete this is Friday, May 7.
- Class of 2021 Meeting: We will have a webinar on Thursday, April 21 for seniors and families to discuss graduation and end-of-year information. Click here for the meeting link and info.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Clinic: As of April 19, any one 16 or older is eligible to get the COVID-19 vaccine. Chapel Hill Pediatrics is offering vaccine clinics for eligible adolescents over the next few weeks. The first one is Tuesday, April 20. One of our parents, Katie Van Tiem, works there and can help answer questions or provide support. You can reach her by phone at 484-888-4310 or email at email@example.com
- ERA Variety Show: Our Performing Arts students are hosting a virtual Variety Show. They are looking for Dancers, Singers, Actors, Instrumentalists, Gymnasts, Jugglers, and other talented students to audition! You can submit an audition video (up to 3 minutes) to Mrs. Daw by Friday, April 23. Click here for a flyer with more details.
- 2021 Volleyball Interest Meeting: Anyone interested in the 2021 High School Volleyball Team should plan to attend a virtual interest meeting Friday at 11:50. Also, for more information regarding the season please fill out this form. Click here for the meeting link and information. Questions? Contact Coach Kimbrough via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teacher Appreciation Week: Please click on this link for more information. Teacher Appreciation Week Thank you for helping us honor our amazing team!
- PATH Sign Up Genius: It is getting to be that time where we can shower our teachers with lots of love. This year we are using a casino theme and would like to have a “snack-pot” for teachers to get their favorite snacks! We are looking for donations that are individually wrapped snacks like what you would buy for trips or team snacks. There are sweets and savory items. All donations can be dropped off at the front offices of either the K-8 campus or the High School the week of April 26th through April 29th. Thank you for your support!
- Kindergarten PE/Bike Fundraiser: Link to Donate Help ERA become the 21st school in NC and the first in our area to use the All Kids Bike program! Once funded, the program will provide 22 Strider bikes, helmets, pedal conversion kits, and curriculum to teach all of our Kindergarten students how to ride a bike in school. Coach Pierce hopes we can start in the fall and is super excited about the prospect!
- Board of Directors Election: There are currently 3 Parent Board Member seats and 1 Community Member-At-Large seat open for election and appointment. The application process is open from Monday, April 19th, 2021 – Monday, May 3rd, 2021. Please reach out to Sarah Yagnow, Vice Chair, at email@example.com with any questions.
- Plan A & B Protocols Document: As mentioned at last week’s Board meeting, we have updated our protocols document with recent changes from the CDC (Center for Disease Control) on safe school guidelines. Click here to access the latest version.
- Yearbook Order: Here is the link to order your ERA yearbook. ERA Yearbook Order Link. If you have questions, please reach out to our yearbook advisor Sarah Loftin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Photos for Yearbook: Our Yearbook staff need photos capturing events in the lives of our high school students this year. If you have photos you want to submit to the staff for consideration, use this link to upload your pictures.
- Peer Ambassador Program: Interested in being a student Peer Ambassador for the 2021-2022 school year? We are now accepting applications for students in grades 9-11 for our next cohort of Ambassadors. If you are interested, contact Dr. Davis, and she will send you information about the program and the application to complete.
- HS Spring Testing Calendar: While it is still a few weeks away, we wanted to share with you the high school testing calendar with AP and EOC Exams. Click here to access the calendar.
- K-12 Spirit Days: Join in during your Zoom classes on some Spirit Day fun every Friday from now through the end of the school year! A list of all upcoming days is provided.
- Summer 2022 Europe Trip: ERA High School will be offering a 13-day trip to Italy, France, and Spain for the summer of 2022, departing early June. Click here to see the itinerary. Email Dr. Davis for more information if interested.
- Good News Gazette: Click here for the latest stories highlighting our students’ and staff’s accomplishments. Feel free to share any good news with Dr. Davis. This will be a feature in each weekly message.
Thanks again for your continued flexibility and support. Let’s continue to ROAR and SOAR! Go Bobcats!
Partners in Education,