High School Families,
Thank you for your grace and flexibility over the last week and today as we worked on schedule changes and navigated the new remote learning frontier. Our team appreciates your encouraging words and support as we have worked long hours and weekends to get everything in order.
Please see below for the latest and greatest updates from the high school world as this edition is jam packed with many important updates. You can also access this message in the ERA HS Parent Resource Folder (see link below)…
Updates and Announcements:
- Remote Learning Schedules: Click here to see the Remote Learning schedule for the Week of August 10 and August 17. Students will check in with their CATS team teacher each day through August 21.
- Live Class and Teacher Webpages Document: We have created a document with each teacher’s live class remote learning links and Google classroom codes or websites. (Link is in the original email and will not be shared publicly outside of current ERA families.)
- High School Parent Resource Folder: As part of our commitment to keep you informed, we have created a ERA HS Parent Resource Folder that has information and resources pertaining to this school year. Within the folder, you will find subfolders with information about Athletics, Commonly Used Forms, the ERA Comprehensive Manual, School Calendar/Remote Learning Schedules, Weekly Messages, and more.
- Share Your Photos: Share your first day of school photos with us using this Padlet! The password to enter is. (This password will be the same for any Padlets provided by administration in weekly updates unless otherwise specified.) Please provide the student’s name and grade in the caption so we may include some of these photos in our yearbook this year! (Password is in the original email and will not be shared publicly outside of current ERA families.)
- August Board of Directors Meeting: The next ERA Board of Directors meeting will take place on Tuesday, August 18 at 6 pm. More information coming soon.
- Town Hall and Orientation Sessions: If you missed last week’s Freshmen/New Student Orientation sessions last week or the Remote Learning Town Hall, fear not! Just check the ERA HS Parent Resource Folder to find the videos and documents.
- Remote Learning School Office Hours: Our front office will be open from 9-1 Monday through Friday for students/families to pick up/drop off items. All appointments with teachers or staff will be done via phone or Zoom conferences. All students/families/ visitors to the building should wear a mask per Orange County’s ordinances.
- ERA HS Remind Messages: Remind is an educational app designed to keep students and parents in the communication loop via text messages. Be sure to download the app in the Apple or Android App Store. We have created one just for the high school to send out updates and reminders. Click here to join or to be added to the ERA HS messages. If you already have the Remind app, the class code is @ke8c8b
- Mobile Hotspots: We ordered mobile hotspots for students based on the results of the ERA Connectivity Survey sent out in July. If you did not complete the survey, you must do so by August 12 as this is what we are using to determine how many we order. If you complete the survey this week, your mobile hotspot will not be available for pickup this week. We will email individual families when the hotspots arrive.
- PowerSchool Access and Accounts: Students or parents who do not have access or need a password reset to PowerSchool may complete this form, and a front office team member will be in contact with you to follow up.
- Submitted Schedule Change Requests: All students and families have been contacted regarding schedule change requests and should have received an updated schedule. If you have not received an updated schedule, check your email as there were questions or issues that we needed to discuss with you before making changes.
- Chromebooks and Log-in Issues: Students who need a device can still pick up one at the front office when we are open to the public, which is 9-1 p.m. Monday-Friday each week. If you are having log-in issues with your Chromebook, Mrs. Wall sent out directions last week on how to resolve this. Click here to access step by step directions.
- Paperwork Required of All Students/Families: We require all students to complete the following four forms during or before the first week of classes by no later than Friday, August 14. Each is a Google Form and linked here. Both the K-8 and High School main offices have paper copies should the form not work in your situation. Any questions should be directed to our Admissions Director, Morgana Hover, at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will contact you if your forms are not completed or are incomplete by Friday, August 14.
- Proof of Residency This form should be completed once per family. You may upload the pdf of your proof in this form if you use a Gmail account. This documentation is required for All students on a yearly basis regardless of whether they’ve attended ERA in the past. Acceptable forms of proof are: 1) Utility bill such as electric, water, or gas (preferred and must be current within 30 days) OR 2) Lease or Mortgage statement (must be current within 30 days). The address on the proof must match the address on file for your student(s).
- EDS Form This form should be completed once per family.
- Request to Update Parent Contact Information This form is if your phone number, email, or address has changed within the last year. This form can be completed once per family.
- Student Permissions This form should be completed once per student. It specifies permissions for photos, videos, and over-the-counter medicine. During our remote learning time, knowing photo and video permissions will be critical for our teachers.
- Summer Assignment Submissions: Click here to upload your completed summer assignments to the Google Classroom site. The class join code is. All assignments are due August 10. (Link is in the original email and will not be shared publicly outside of current ERA families.)
- HS Athletics Update: Click here to get the latest updates on athletic events, teams, and practices.
- Co-Ed Varsity Esports: We are excited to announce the launch of our varsity esports program. ERA will compete as a part of the HSEL (High School Esports League) along with thousands of other high schools nationwide. If you are interested in receiving future communications regarding esports, complete the interest form. Please direct any questions to Jenny Hartingh at jennyhartingh@enoriveracademy.
- PSAT/NMSQT: We are tentatively planning to offer the PSAT on October 29, 2020. Registration form and $16 are due by Sept. 11 and can be dropped off at the high school office. Juniors who are interested in qualifying for the National Merit Scholarship program should take the test for eligibility.
Thanks again for your continued flexibility and support. Let’s continue to ROAR and SOAR! Go Bobcats!
Partners in Education,