Greetings ERA HS Families,
We are officially in the rhythm of the new school year here at the high school campus. Thank you to everyone for helping to make my transition to ERA so welcoming during these first two weeks. As I have told the freshmen and our new families, we are learning the school together.
Each Friday of a full school week, I will be sending out an update with reminders, upcoming events, and other miscellaneous items. All weekly updates will be archived on our website.
For the week ahead:
- Morning Drop Off: Students may be dropped off beginning at 8 a.m. at the back of the school at the first gymnasium door entrance. Students will go directly into the gymnasium and stay until the release bell at 8:20 unless they have a pass for extra help or a club activity.
- Afternoon Pickup: In order to help with traffic flow, please form two lines in main driveway that leads up to the school. At the top of the driveway, the lines will merge into one for student pickup. Be sure to move as far down the line as you can until you have picked up your student to keep it moving. We have staff who will assist with this to help traffic move more smoothly for the next two weeks.
- Club Fair: Students had the opportunity to learn about the various clubs offered at the high school during both lunches on Friday, August 16. Be sure to encourage your child to participate in at least one club or extracurricular this year if possible. If your student wants to form a new club, he/she will need to complete an application and secure a teacher adviser as well as get approval from Dr. Davis.
- School Pictures: School pictures for grades K-11 will take place on September 4 during the school day. Fall makeup pictures will take place on October 10 including senior pictures for those who did not take them on 8/16.
- Student Council: Any student interested in joining Student Council should submit an application to Mr. Best by Monday, August 19. Applications can be found on the Student Council website: erastuco.weebly.com If you have questions, contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advisory Schedule: This year, students will report to advisory twice a month on the first and third Tuesday of each month. Our next advisory session will on Tuesday, August 20. Students will receive information based on their grade levels that ranges from personal development to college planning.
- Financial Assistance: If your family/student needs financial assistance for a school-related fee or expense, please contact our school counselor, Mrs. Tricomi directly via email at email@example.com. We will keep your request confidential. We do not want our students to miss out on an opportunity, so please let me know.
- Absences: If your student is going to be absent from school, please email your student’s teachers and include Mrs. Mitchell. Her address is cmitchell@enoriveracademy.
- ERA Gear: We have a school store that is open for your ERA school gear wants/needs! ERA School Gear Store. Show that Bobcat pride with some ferocious spirit wear!
- Signing Out Early: If you are signing your student out early, please do so BEFORE 3:00pm. Otherwise, you will need to wait until dismissal.
- High School Bell Schedule: With the addition of a second lunch this year, we have adjusted our high school bell schedule slightly. An updated version of the bell schedule including ones for advisory and early release days are on our website.
- Chromebooks and Devices: If your student wants to check out a Chromebook for the year from the school, he/she will receive a form in Advisory on Tuesday to complete and return with a parent signature. Once the form is returned, we will assign a device to the student that can be returned in May. Students will be able to receive their device during lunch.
- PATH Information Meeting: Our Parent and Teachers Helping (PATH) organization is having its first meeting of the year on Tuesday, August 27 in the High School Cafeteria from 6:30-7:30. Come learn about how you can support ERA this year in a variety of ways.
- Food Pantry Donations: We are seeking donations for our student food pantry for this year. We would love to have a variety of non-perishable items like Nutrigrain/Granola bars, Lance-type crackers, fruit/applesauce cups, macaroni and cheese/pasta cups, juice boxes/water/Gatorade. Any donation would be appreciated!
- Carpooling: A Google Doc (was provided in your email) for you to input your information if you would like to connect with other families regarding carpooling. Please enter your information only if you would like it shared. Families may use this document to contact each other to arrange carpools amongst yourselves.
- Josten’s Ordering: Josten’s will be on campus August 28 during both lunch periods to receive orders for junior class school rings and senior class cap and gown packages. Information will be going home to those students this week.
- Paperwork: The deadline (8/16) for returning to school Enrollment and Beginning of Year paperwork has passed. This includes your Proof of Residency which needs to be collected each year. Mrs. Hover will be contacting families this week if the office has not received all portions of this paperwork. Mrs. Triplett and Ms. Mitchell will be contacting families this week if items from your student’s records have not yet been received.
- PowerSchool: Families in grades 5-12 will receive login information to PowerSchool on August 26 in order to be able to check grades. We will host a PowerSchool Info Night on September 5 at 6:00 pm at the High School. This event will show students and parents how to navigate PowerSchool. Questions about PowerSchool may be directed to Mrs. Hover at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take care, and have a great weekend! Let’s ROAR and SOAR!
Partners in Education,