High School Students and Families,
Thank you for your ongoing grace and flexibility over the last week as we continue to navigate the new remote learning frontier. Our team appreciates your encouraging words and support as we have worked long hours and weekends to get everything in order.
Please see below for the latest and greatest updates from the high school world as this edition is jam packed with many important updates. You can also access this message in the ERA HS Parent Resource Folder (see link below)…
Updates and Announcements:
- Remote Learning Schedules: Click here to see the Remote Learning schedule for the Week August 17.
- Live Class and Teacher Webpages Document: We have created a document with each teacher’s live class remote learning links and Google classroom codes or websites.(Link is in the original email and will not be shared publicly outside of current ERA families)
- High School Parent Resource Folder: As part of our commitment to keep you informed, we have created a ERA HS Parent Resource Folder that has information and resources pertaining to this school year.
- Parent Resource Folder New Feature: Within the Parent Resource Folder, you will now find a subfolder with each teacher’s class syllabus and weekly learning grids. Just click on the teacher’s name, and you will find all the information.
- August Board of Directors Meeting: The next ERA Board of Directors meeting will take place on Tuesday, August 18 at 5 pm. Click here for the Zoom meeting information and link. (Link is in the original email and will not be shared publicly outside of current ERA families.)
- Remote Learning School Office Hours: Our front office will be open from 9-1 Monday through Friday for students/families to pick up/drop off items. All appointments with teachers or staff will be done via phone or Zoom conferences. All students/families/ visitors to the building should wear a mask per Orange County’s ordinances.
- ERA HS Remind Messages: Remind is an educational app designed to keep students and parents in the communication loop via text messages. Be sure to download the app in the Apple or Android App Store. We have created one just for the high school to send out updates and reminders. Click here to join or to be added to the ERA HS messages. If you already have the Remind app, the class code is @ke8c8b
- Mobile Hotspots: For those who requested a mobile hotspot, you will receive email communication from Ms. Bair this week with an update and next steps.
- Chromebook Device Issues: Click here for a document to help students and families troubleshoot issues with school-issued Chromebooks.
- PowerSchool Access and Accounts: Once again, we have had some issues with our PowerSchool parent and student portals. For those who completed the PowerSchool Help Ticket, you should receive a follow up from Mrs. Riggs to make sure your issue has been resolved this week. For any new issues, complete this form, and a front office team member will be in contact with you to follow up.
- Paperwork Required of All Students/Families: The deadline for returning forms was Friday, August 14. Complete these forms ASAP. Each is a Google Form and linked here. Both the K-8 and High School main offices have paper copies should the form not work in your situation. Any questions should be directed to our Admissions Director, Morgana Hover, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Proof of Residency This form should be completed once per family. You may upload the pdf of your proof in this form if you use a Gmail account. This documentation is required for All students on a yearly basis regardless of whether they’ve attended ERA in the past. Acceptable forms of proof are: 1) Utility bill such as electric, water, or gas (preferred and must be current within 30 days) OR 2) Lease or Mortgage statement (must be current within 30 days). The address on the proof must match the address on file for your student(s).
- EDS Form This form should be completed once per family.
- Request to Update Parent Contact Information This form is if your phone number, email, or address has changed within the last year. This form can be completed once per family.
- Student Permissions This form should be completed once per student. It specifies permissions for photos, videos, and over-the-counter medicine. During our remote learning time, knowing photo and video permissions will be critical for our teachers.
- HS Athletics Update: Click here to get the latest updates on athletic events, teams, and practices.
- Co-Ed Varsity Esports: We are excited to announce the launch of our varsity esports program. ERA will compete as a part of the HSEL (High School Esports League) along with thousands of other high schools nationwide. If you are interested in receiving future communications regarding esports, complete the interest form. Please direct any questions to Jenny Hartingh at jennyhartingh@enoriveracademy.
- PSAT/NMSQT: We are tentatively planning to offer the PSAT on October 29, 2020. Registration form and $16 are due by Sept. 11 and can be dropped off at the high school office. Juniors who are interested in qualifying for the National Merit Scholarship program should take the test for eligibility.
Thanks again for your continued flexibility and support. Let’s continue to ROAR and SOAR! Go Bobcats!