Greetings ERA HS Families,
It is hard to believe that we have just finished our second full week of school and that the Labor Day holiday is almost upon us. Below are the updates and coming attractions for the week(s) ahead. All weekly updates will be archived on our website just in case.
For the week ahead:
- Board of Directors Election:We would like to welcome both Sarah Yagnow and Travis Hill to the Board. If you would like to apply for a Board seat, we will have elections this Spring.
- PATH Update:I have attached a flyer from PATH (Parents and Teachers Helping). They are a great volunteer organization, and I hope you will consider being a part of their outreach programs.
- Carpooling: Are you interested in carpooling with other ERA families? If so, here is a link for you. Please enter your information only if you would like it shared.Families may use this document to contact each other to arrange carpools amongst yourselves.
- Paperwork: The deadline (8/16) for returning to school Enrollment and Beginning of Year paperwork has passed. This includes your Proof of Residency which needs to be collected each year. Mrs. Hover will be contacting families this week if the office has not received all portions of this paperwork. Mrs. Triplett and Ms. Mitchell will be contacting families this week if items from your student’s records have not yet been received including birth certificates and immunization records. Failure to provide all required paperwork may result in the loss of placement at Eno River Academy.
- PowerSchool: Families in grades 5-12 will receive login information to PowerSchool on August 26 in order to be able to check grades. We will host a PowerSchool Info Night on September 5 at 6:00pm at the High School. This event will show students and parents how to navigate PowerSchool. Questions about PowerSchool may be directed to Mrs. Hover at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tutorial Help: If your student needs additional support or help in a class, please encourage him/her to attend tutorial sessions in the morning or during lunches. Many teachers are offering these now grades are being recorded for various tests, quizzes, and projects. Reach out to your student’s teachers once PowerSchool is available to set up a program of support.
- Morning Drop Off and Afternoon Pick Up: We are still monitoring traffic patterns and flow for the morning drop off and afternoon pick up. Another email will go out later with more specific information and updates on this as we assess and make sure all flows smoothly especially since traditional schools start back next week.
- Variety Show Auditions: Got Talent? Mrs. Daw is looking for students to audition for the upcoming ERA HS Variety Show in October. Contact her for more information and sign up outside her room, 407.
- 2019-2020 Master Calendar:Please click here to see the ERA Master Calendar for 2019-2020, which has all the K-12 school events and programs for the year.
- Athletics:Our fall sport season is in full swing! Come out and support our teams this week as we have several home games. Volleyball has home games on August 27 (RTHS) and 29 (Chatham Charter). Soccer has a home game on August 29 (Falls Lake).
|August 27||PATH Parent Information Session, 6:30-7:30 p.m.|
|August 28||Josten’s Representative on Site Class Ring and Cap & Gown Ordering|
|August 30||Early Release at 12 p.m.|
|September 2||Labor Day Holiday: No School|
|September 4||Picture Day for Students in Grades 9-11|
|September 5||PowerSchool Event for Parents, 6 p.m. in the HS|
|September 9||Progress Reports sent home|
Take care, and have a great weekend! Let’s ROAR and SOAR!
Partners in Education,