High School Families,
Please see below for the latest and greatest updates from the high school world. You can also access this message in the ERA HS Parent Resource Folder (see link below).
Updates and Announcements:
- Remote Learning Schedule: Students now begin their day in first period instead of CATS time since we have completed the first 10 days of school. Click here for the remote learning schedule we will use going forward.
- Diversity and Inclusion Task Force Meeting: The task force will have its next meeting August 25 from 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM. You can join the Zoom meeting using the link below. (Link is in the original email and will not be shared publicly outside of current ERA families.)
- Parent Town Hall: Dr. Davis will hold a town hall meeting and students on Tuesday, September 1 at 5 p.m. This meeting will allow parents to give feedback on remote learning and have questions answered. A Zoom meeting invite will be sent out next week, and the meeting can have up to 300 participants. You can submit your questions in advance through this document.
- Early Release Day: Our first early release day will be Friday, September 4. We will use the Wednesday abbreviated class schedule for our early release days during remote learning.
- Live Class and Teacher Webpages Document: We have created a document with each teacher’s live class remote learning links and Google classroom codes or websites. (Link is in the original email and will not be shared publicly outside of current ERA families.)
- High School Parent Resource Folder: As part of our commitment to keep you informed, we have created a ERA HS Parent Resource Folder that has information and resources pertaining to this school year.
- Parent Resource Folder New Feature: Within the Parent Resource Folder, you will now find a subfolder with each teacher’s class syllabus and weekly learning grids. Just click on the teacher’s name, and you will find all the information.
- Remote Learning School Office Hours: Our front office will be open from 9-1 Monday through Friday for students/families to pick up/drop off items.
- ERA HS Remind Messages: Remind is an educational app designed to keep students and parents in the communication loop via text messages. Be sure to download the app in the Apple or Android App Store. We have created one just for the high school to send out updates and reminders. Click here to join or to be added to the ERA HS messages. If you already have the Remind app, the class code is @ke8c8b
- Mobile Hotspots: For those who requested a mobile hotspot, we are still waiting on these from our vendor. More information coming soon.
- Chromebook Device Issues: Click here for a document to help students and families troubleshoot issues with school-issued Chromebooks.
- PowerSchool Access and Accounts: Once again, we have had some issues with our PowerSchool parent and student portals. For those who completed the PowerSchool Help Ticket, you should receive a follow up from Mrs. Riggs to make sure your issue has been resolved this week. For any new issues, complete this form, and a front office team member will be in contact with you to follow up.
- Athletics Update: ERA administration has made the decision to suspend all high school and middle school athletic programming for the 2020-2021 school year. This is due to a host of factors including the NCHSAA’s revised annual calendar and its incongruence with ERA’s return to campus criteria and current plans, ERA’s school/holiday calendar, and high school exam periods. Additionally, the vast majority of our middle school competitive partners are following the NCISAA calendar which has little to no overlap with the NCHSAA calendar. They are not competing at the moment, and likely for the foreseeable future. Should they return to play, they will limit it to conference-only play, of which ERA is not included.
- Co-ed Varsity Esports Update: Registration opens on Wednesday, August 26. For details about the club and to register to participate, please to go the ERA Athletics website. If you have additional questions, contact Jenny Hartingh at jennyhartingh@enoriveracademy.
- PSAT/NMSQT: We are tentatively planning to offer the PSAT on October 29, 2020. Registration form and $16 are due by Sept. 11 and can be dropped off at the high school office. Juniors who are interested in qualifying for the National Merit Scholarship program should take the test for eligibility.
Thanks again for your continued flexibility and support. Let’s continue to ROAR and SOAR! Go Bobcats!