High School Families,
It’s hard to believe that we are already in the middle of September. Please see below for the latest and greatest updates from the high school world. You can also access this message in the ERA HS Parent Resource Folder.
Updates and Announcements:
- Early Release: Wednesday, September 16 is an early release day. Students should check with their teachers to see if they will have a live class during the abbreviated class periods. There will be no CATS time for 9th and 10th graders this Wednesday.
- Building Community Town Hall: Dr. Davis and representatives from PATH (Parents and Teachers Helping) will host a town hall meeting on Thursday, September 17 at 5 p.m. to discuss ways to build community for students and families as well as celebrating our Class of 2021 during this semester of remote learning and beyond. Click here to access the Zoom meeting information and link.(Link is in the original email and will not be shared publicly outside of current ERA families.)
- Progress Reports: Progress reports were distributed last week to students. Be sure to ask for them or check PowerSchool for a grade update.
- Wellness Wednesday: We are hosting a Zoom yoga class for students on Wednesday, September 16 beginning at 3:30. Please check the email Mr. Schaffer sent earlier today for the meeting link.
- Supporting our First Responders: The ERA Good Works Club is focusing on thanking community workers this month. In addition to making signs for hospital workers, they are collecting snacks for the Hillsborough Police Department, so they can grab a snack at the station before or after their shift. Please sign up to drop off a snack item if you’d like to help us thank those that protect and serve our communities. Collection bins will be in front of the high school labeled “Good Works Club” from Wednesday until Friday this week.
- Diversity and Inclusion Task Force Meeting: The next task force meeting will be Wednesday, September 16 starting at 5 p.m. Click here for the meeting information.(Link is in the original email and will not be shared publicly outside of current ERA families.)
- Athletics Town Hall: If you missed last week’s town hall about athletics, please click here to access the recording.
- Organization Tools & Note Taking Graphic Organizers: Click here to access the subfolder located within the ERA HS Parent Resource Folder with several organizational tools, graphic organizers, and note taking templates to help students during remote learning.
- Remote Learning School Office Hours: Our front office will be open from 9-1 Monday through Friday for students/families to pick up/drop off items.
- September ERA Board Meeting: The next Board meeting will be on Tuesday, September 22 beginning at 5 p.m. Click here for the meeting information.
- Co-ed Varsity Esports Update: ERA Varsity eSports team is looking for more Overwatch players! If you have experience with Overwatch and want to compete at the varsity level with other high school students across the nation, please email Coach Trull at email@example.com so he can help you get registered to join the team. We also have limited space on our Rocket League and Valorant rosters. First team meeting this Wednesday, 9/16 at 12:00p.m.!
- Summer 2021 Trip to Europe: ERA High School will be offering a 13-day trip to Italy, France, and Spain for the summer of 2021, departing early June. Click here to see the itinerary. Email Dr. Davis if you would like to learn more about the trip and pricing.
Thanks again for your continued flexibility and support. Let’s continue to ROAR and SOAR! Go Bobcats!