High School Students and Families,
I hope this email finds you well. Please see below for the latest and greatest updates from the high school world. You can also access this message in the ERA HS Parent Resource Folder.
Updates and Announcements:
- Last Day of the Quarter and Fall Break: The last day of first quarter is October 9, and the school will be closed for fall break the week of October 12.
- Diversity and Inclusion Task Force: The next meeting for the D & I task force will be Tuesday, September 29 at 5 p.m. Click here for the meeting information. (Link is in the original email and will not be shared publicly outside of current ERA families.)
- PATH Ambassadors: We are looking for parents to serve as PATH Ambassadors, who will work as liaisons between the school and families with communication, programs, and other initiatives. If interested, please email Dr. Davis.
- Attendance and Assignments Reminder: If your student will be absent from class, be sure to notify Ms. Mitchell our front office manager in addition to the classroom teacher(s). Notifying the front office in advance does not automatically make the absence excused. Students who are traveling during remote learning are still responsible for attending class and turning in work on assigned due dates.
- Good News Gazette: Last year, we featured our students’ and staff’s accomplishments each week in the Good News Gazette. We are starting this up again for the current year. Click here to see the latest updates. Feel free to share any good news with Dr. Davis. This will be an ongoing feature in each weekly message.
- Support the Earth Challenge Club: The Earth Challenge Club is gearing up for the online International People’s Eco-challenge that happens twice a year. Click here to find out how you can support our students in this club and help our environment.
- Good Works Club: Thanks to everyone who dropped off snack donations for first responders. Club members dropped off the donations last week and were featured on the Hillsborough Police Department’s Facebook page. Click here to see the post.
- FEMMESHacks: Duke University is sponsoring a one-day event for high school female students interested in computer science and careers in this industry. Click here to learn more and register for this free event.
- Remote Learning School Office Hours: Our front office will be open from 9-1 Monday through Friday for students/families to pick up/drop off items.
- Summer 2021 Trip to Europe: ERA High School will be offering a 13-day trip to Italy, France, and Spain for the summer of 2021, departing early June. Click here to see the itinerary. Email Dr. Davis if you would like to learn more about the trip and pricing.
Thanks again for your continued flexibility and support. Let’s continue to ROAR and SOAR! Go Bobcats!