High School Families,
I hope this finds you well and rested at the end of the Labor Day holiday weekend. Please see below for the latest and greatest updates from the high school world. You can also access this message in the ERA HS Parent Resource Folder.
Updates and Announcements:
- Remote Learning Schedule: Students now begin their day in their first period instead of CATS time since we have completed the first 10 days of school. Click here for the remote learning schedule we will use going forward.
- Parent Town Hall: If you were not able to attend last Tuesday’s Town Hall, you can click here to access the subfolder with the recording and all meeting materials, which is in the ERA HS Parent Resource Folder.
- Progress Reports: Progress reports will go out on September 9 to students. Be sure to ask for them or check PowerSchool for a grade update.
- Athletics Town Hall: On Thursday, September 10 from 5-6 p.m., Mrs. Hartingh, Mrs. Bair, and Dr. Davis will host a town hall meeting regarding athletics for the 2020-2021 school year. This will include the most recent updates from the NC High School Athletic Association and our athletic conference. Click here to access the meeting information. You can submit your questions in advance using this document.(Link is in the original email and will not be shared publicly outside of current ERA families.)
- Organization Tools & Note Taking Graphic Organizers: As requested in the September 1 Town Hall, Dr. Davis has uploaded several organizational tools, graphic organizers, and note taking templates to help students during remote learning. Click here to access the subfolder, which is in the ERA HS Parent Resource Folder.
- Club Fair: Our students had the chance to learn about all the clubs offered at ERA this year. Here is the link to the presentation in case they missed it or want to review.
- Live Class and Teacher Webpages Document: We have created a document with each teacher’s live class remote learning links and Google classroom codes or websites.(Link is in the original email and will not be shared publicly outside of current ERA families.)
- Remote Learning School Office Hours: Our front office will be open from 9-1 Monday through Friday for students/families to pick up/drop off items.
- Diversity and Inclusion Task Force Meeting: The next task force meeting will be Wednesday, September 16 starting at 5 p.m. Click here for the meeting information.(Link is in the original email and will not be shared publicly outside of current ERA families.)
- September ERA Board Meeting: The next Board meeting will be on Tuesday, September 22 beginning at 5 p.m. Click here for the meeting information.(Link is in the original email and will not be shared publicly outside of current ERA families.)
- Mobile Hotspots: For those who requested a mobile hotspot, these should ship out on Tuesday (9/8), and we will let you know once they arrive and are ready for distribution.
- Co-ed Varsity Esports Update: Registration opens on Wednesday, August 26. For details about the club and to register to participate, please to go the ERA Athletics website. If you have additional questions, contact Jenny Hartingh at jennyhartingh@enoriveracademy.
- PSAT/NMSQT: We are tentatively planning to offer the PSAT on October 29, 2020. Registration form and $16 are due by Sept. 11 and can be dropped off at the high school office. Juniors who are interested in qualifying for the National Merit Scholarship program should take the test for eligibility.
- Summer 2021 Trip to Europe: ERA High School will be offering a 13-day trip to Italy, France, and Spain for the summer of 2021, departing early June. Click here to see the itinerary. Email Dr. Davis if you would like to learn more about the trip and pricing.
Thanks again for your continued flexibility and support. Let’s continue to ROAR and SOAR! Go Bobcats!
Partners in Education,