I hope you all enjoyed the weekend and that things weren’t too crazy today while trying to get back into a routine. Thank you for your patience as we work out the technology kinks and streamline things for you.
Please scroll to the bottom of this email to access Friday’s optional STEAM activity and First Chapter Friday link. I didn’t want you to miss those!
1. Paperwork Required of All Students/Families
We require all students to complete the following four forms during or before the first week of classes by no later than Friday, August 14. Each is a Google Form and linked here. Both the K-8 and High School main offices have paper copies should the form not work in your situation. Any questions should be directed to our Admissions Director, Morgana Hover, at email@example.com. She will contact you if your forms are not completed or are incomplete by Friday, August 14.
- Proof of Residency This form should be completed once per family. You may upload the pdf of your proof in this form if you use a Gmail account. This documentation is required for All students on a yearly basis regardless of whether they’ve attended ERA in the past. Acceptable forms of proof are: 1) Utility bill such as electric, water, or gas (preferred and must be current within 30 days) OR 2) Lease or Mortgage statement (must be current within 30 days). The address on the proof must match the address on file for your student(s).
- EDS Form This form should be completed once per family.
- Request to Update Parent Contact Information This form is if your phone number, email, or address has changed within the last year. This form can be completed once per family.
- Student Permissions This form should be completed once per student. It specifies permissions for photos, videos, and over-the-counter medicine. During our remote learning time, knowing photo and video permissions will be critical for our teachers.
2. PowerSchool Access and Accounts: Students or parents in grades 5-8 who do not have access through ERA or need a password reset to PowerSchool may complete the K-8 PowerSchool Help Ticket at any time during the school year and the K-8 Dean of Students, Morgana Hover, will be in contact with you to follow up. Please note that PS is currently down and we will let you know when it is back up.
3. Share Your Photos: Share your first day of school photos with us using this Padlet! The password to enter is.
(Password is in the original email and will not be shared publicly outside of current ERA families.)
(This password will be the same for any Padlets provided by administration in weekly updates unless otherwise specified.) Please provide the student’s name and grade in the caption so we may include some of these photos in our yearbook this year!
4. STEAM Activity for August 14: The K-8 campus wide family STEAM Activity for August 14 is linked here. This is an optional activity! We will be making Minecraft Mosaic Selfies this week! Included in the instructions is a Padlet link to upload photos of your completed projects (password is ERAbobcats). The link may also be shared by your teachers.
5. First Chapter Friday for August 14: The K-8 campus wide family First Chapter Friday video for August 14 is linked here. This is an optional video to watch! This week, Mrs. Hover will read from “The One and Only Ivan” by Katherine Applegate. She explains a bit more about First Chapter Fridays in the video. The link may also be shared by your teachers.
(Link is in the original email and will not be shared publicly outside of current ERA families.)
6. Chromebook Issues: If you are having issues, please see Mrs. Wall’s email from last Thursday. You can schedule an appointment with her by emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org. She is extremely busy so be patient….I promise she will reply!
7. ERA Office Hours: The ERA offices are open from 9am-1pm Monday-Friday or by appointment.