Happy Monday ERA Families,
I hope you all had a great weekend! It was so fun seeing so many of you on Friday!
Here are this week’s updates and reminders:
- Virtual Spirit Week:The flyer is attached. We hope this is a fun week for your students!
- Middle School Supplies & Report Cards: If you were unable to pick up your Spirit Week supplies, Classroom supplies, or Report Cards last Friday, the middle school bags are labeled with your student’s name and are available outside the main office lobby. Some classroom supplies are also located outside the middle school building. If you are not able to pick up your report card, please email Mrs. Hover at email@example.com an electronic copy.
- STEAM Activity for October 30:The K-8 campus-wide family STEAM Activity for October 30 is linked here. This is an optional activity! We will be designing and creating floor plans for Haunted Houses. In the instructions is a Padlet link to upload photos of your completed projects. The link may also be shared by your teachers.
- First Chapter Friday for October 30: The K-8 campus-wide family First Chapter Friday video for October 30 is linked here. This is an optional video to watch! This week, Mrs. Anderson will read from Little Witch by Anna Elizabeth Bennett. The link may also be shared by your teachers.
- Habitat for Humanity Halloween Craft:The Habitat for Humanity Club (high school) is hosting a fundraiser this week. Here is the flyer and donation link Halloween Craft Fundraiser. It contains all the details and should be a lot of fun for your children.
- Diversity and Inclusion Group Update: We are excited to share the following statement from our Diversity and Inclusion Task Force. This group is tasked with helping ERA create an environment that is both diverse and inclusive in our hiring, curriculum, and community. We know this is a challenging time so if you or your child would like assistance or conversation, please reach out to our administrative team or guidance counselors.
The ERA Board of Directors formed a Diversity and Inclusion Task Force to collaborate on issues of equity at ERA. The Task Force has identified four pillars of focus: Staff Development Opportunities; Staff Recruitment and Support; Student Body Recruitment and Support; Curriculum & Culture. To address these and related issues, the Board, the Task Force, and Administration are working together to consult with diversity, inclusion, and equity professionals. If you are interested in being part of this work and conversation, please get involved with our D&I Task Force by contacting Mike O’Malley at firstname.lastname@example.org or Charles Penny at email@example.com, or attend our upcoming meetings
Have a great week and Happy Halloween!