I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving holiday! December 12-16, we will celebrate the holidays with a fun spirit week! The flyer is attached.
As you know, we are deep in the mix of cold and flu season. Please remember to keep students at home if they are experiencing symptoms.
Here are this week’s updates and reminders:
1. Donations for Needy Families: Sadly, our number of needy families has increased again this year. If you would like to donate a gift card for those in need, please drop it off at K-8 no later than December 12th. Walmart and Target gift cards are best so that families can purchase food, clothing and/or gifts. Thank you for your generosity. If you are in need and would like to be included, please email me directly. Your information will be kept confidential.
2. January Board of Directors Meeting: The next Board of Directors meeting will be held on January 18th at 5:30 pm. Click here for the Zoom meeting link. We will not have a December meeting.
3. Family Survey Reminder: The survey closes on November 30th at 4:00 pm.
4. Children’s Market: Please join us for ERA’s annual Children’s Market! It will be December 3rd from 10am-12pm at the K-8 campus. Booth applications are now closed.
5. Make-Up Pictures: K-8 make-up pictures will be on December 5th.
6. 4-H Club: 4-H will not meet tomorrow.
7. Down Home Garden Center & General Store in Mebane is partnering with ERA on Saturday, December 10. 10% of your purchases that day will be donated to ERA if you mention Eno River at checkout! We’d like to thank the Laws family for partnering with us during the holidays
8. Bobcat Annual Fund: If you would like to donate, Eno River Academy is a 501(c)(3) corporation (EIN # 04-3753649) and contributions are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowable by law. We accept checks, money orders, and PayPal (@enoriveracademy).
9. Ornament sale: Our high school’s National Art Honor Society once again has customizable gingerbread-style ceramic ornaments for sale! Purchases do include a ribbon for hanging. In the linked flyer is a QR code that will take you to an order form. Ornaments are on sale through pre-orders only through December 8 and will also be available at the Children’s Market on December 3. Pick-up will occur at the high school front office or may be sent home with your student. Please consider supporting the NAHS
10. Band Concert: We will have our combined middle and high school band concert on Thursday, December 1st at 6:00 pm in the high school gym.
11. Teacher Appreciation Donations: Here is a list of all of our teacher appreciation events coming up this school year. Please click here if you would like to sign up to donate or volunteer.
Friday, December 9 – “Hot Cocoa Bar”
Monday, February 13 – “Sandwich Bar”
Tuesday, February 14 – “Old School Valentines”
Wednesday, March 1 – “Apple Nacho Bar”
Friday, March 3 – “Rock Paper Scissors Tournament”