I hope you all had a great weekend! It was so wonderful seeing so many of you at the Children’s Market. It was such a fun and successful event. Thank you for coming out and supporting the talented vendors.
Here are this week’s updates and reminders:
1. Donations for Needy Families: Sadly, our number of needy families has increased again this year. If you would like to donate a gift card for those in need, please drop it off at K-8 no later than December 12th. Walmart and Target gift cards are best so that families can purchase food, clothing and/or gifts. Thank you for your generosity. If you are in need and would like to be included, please email me directly. Your information will be kept confidential.
2. January Board of Directors Meeting: The next Board of Directors meeting will be held on January 18th at 5:30 pm. Click here for the Zoom meeting link. We will not have a December meeting.
3. Holiday Spirit Week: Please join us next week for holiday spirit week. The calendar is attached.
4. Make-A-Wish Color Run: The Kids Helping Kids Club at the high school is working with Make-A-Wish. Their color run flyer is attached (here and here).
5. Food Pantry Donations Needed: This week we are in need of mini water bottles, juice, popcorn- individual bags, and Chef Boyardee or Kraft Mac & Cheese. Thanks for your help!
6. Down Home Garden Center & General Store in Mebane is partnering with ERA on Saturday, December 10. 10% of your purchases that day will be donated to ERA if you mention Eno River at checkout! We’d like to thank the Laws family for partnering with us during the holidays
7. Bobcat Annual Fund: If you would like to donate, Eno River Academy is a 501(c)(3) corporation (EIN # 04-3753649) and contributions are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowable by law. We accept checks, money orders, and PayPal (@enoriveracademy).
8. Teacher Appreciation Donations: Here is a list of all of our teacher appreciation events coming up this school year. Please click here if you would like to sign up to donate or volunteer.
Friday, December 9 – “Hot Cocoa Bar”
Monday, February 13 – “Sandwich Bar”
Tuesday, February 14 – “Old School Valentines”
Wednesday, March 1 – “Apple Nacho Bar”
Friday, March 3 – “Rock Paper Scissors Tournament”
9. Parent Request: If you are interested in contributing ~$5 (or any amount you’d like) to holiday gifts for K-5 Specials teachers, please venmo @Megan-Shepherd-Banigan
or send cash in an envelope labeled ‘Collections for Specials Teachers’ with your child to school. If you are interested, please do so by this Friday, December 9th.