Good Morning ERA Families,
I hope you all enjoyed your weekend and are ready for the upcoming holiday weekend! I know we are all excited to have an extra day off on Monday!
Here are the updates for this week:
- Early Release Day and Labor Day Holiday: Just a reminder that we have an Early Release Day this Friday. We will have our Morning Meeting but we won’t have our STEAM or First Chapter activity this week. Monday will be a holiday.
- Diversity and Inclusion Task Force Meeting: Sep 16, 2020 05:00 PM – 5:50 PM Join Zoom Meeting(Link is in the original email and will not be shared publicly outside of current ERA families.)
- Board of Directors Meeting: Sep 22, 2020 05:00 PM -7:00 PM Join Zoom Meeting(Link is in the original email and will not be shared publicly outside of current ERA families.)
- Remind Text: Have you signed up for the ERA Parent Blast Remind Text? If not, I’ve attached the Remind Text directions. This is the same as last year so you don’t have to sign up if you’ve already done so.
- Computer Monitor: Do you have an old computer monitor that you’d like to donate? We have a few teachers that have requested one and we thought we would ask you first before we purchase any. If so, you can drop it off at either building between 9am-1pm Monday thru Friday.
- Gift Cards for Needy Families: If you would like to donate a grocery store/Walmart gift card to needy families, those can be dropped off at either building as well. Any amount is appreciated.
- Tutoring Opportunity for Middle School Students: This is not sponsored by ERA but I wanted to pass this along for those that may be interested.
“Hi bobcat parents! We are the Eno River WyldLife team, a Christian outreach ministry for middle schoolers. WyldLife seeks to give middle schoolers a place where they feel accepted and known. All of our leaders are students at UNC-Chapel Hill. We function similarly to a youth group and host bible studies as well as events called club where students play games and hear a short talk from the leaders. Due to school being virtual this year, in lieu of our normal activities our team is offering virtual tutoring for students as a way to get to know them. We will match your student up with a team member that is strong in whichever subject they are seeking help in. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you and hope you all have a great start to the year!”
Have a great week!