I hope you all had a great long weekend. As you know, we participated in a professional development day yesterday. Our D&I consultant, Dr. Lanier, presented his first training to our K-12 faculty and staff. It was a great day of learning and fellowship. We will have another full day of training in January but until then, Dr. Lanier will be joining us in our monthly staff meetings to continue the work.
Here are this week’s updates and reminders:
1. New 4-H Club:
See the included informational flyer
for the new Eno River Academy 4-H club for grades 3-5! There will be a Zoom informational session on September 23 at 5pm. Login instructions are included on the flyer.
2. Online Book Fair:
The Scholastic Book Fair is back! While the Fair will be held online this fall, we’re so excited to connect our community through the joy of reading and create a fun virtual experience for our kids. Mark your calendars for SEPTEMBER 25 – OCTOBER 8! Our Virtual Fair will feature:
- A fully virtual Book Fair experience where you and your child can browse nearly 300 titles by grade, meet popular authors, watch book videos, and discover the magic of reading.
- Direct access to over 5,000 additional titles with family-friendly prices at the Scholastic Store Online
- Rewards that benefit our school directly—25% of every purchase will go back to our school community.
Check out this letter that includes a virtual tour and book trailers and get a jump on the Virtual Store to stock your bookshelves! Teacher wish lists will be available soon!
3. Covid Testing: I am excited to share that we have partnered with the NC DHHS and Mako Medical to provide Covid testing for our students and staff. I’ve attached a letter with information. I hope you’ll take advantage of this free service.
****The link will ask you several Covid questions, checkboxes for approval, and HIPPA compliance. The registration page will come after you’ve answered those questions and given consent.****
****If your child has Covid-like symptoms, we will notify you and get your consent prior to testing your child. Pre-registration will speed up the process for us.****
3. K-8 Picture Day: Get ready to smile! Students in grades K-8 will have pictures taken Tuesday, October 19 during the day for the yearbook. More information will be distributed as the date gets closer.
4. 2022 Yearbook: Our Yearbook staff is already working on creating this year’s edition. The 2022 Yearbook will be a bigger version with approximately 50 more pages. Order your yearbook by September 30 to get a special price! Click here to order! To help them capture all the happenings of the Bobcat community, you can submit your photos throughout the year by using this link and 416224545 as the User ID.
5. Future Visions Meeting: Are you interested in contributing your time and ideas to Eno River Academy? Consider joining the next ERA Future Visions meeting! This year we have a special focus on outdoor learning and athletic spaces.
Future Visions will meet on Wednesday, September 29th at 5pm on Zoom
6. Blood Drive: Are you interested in donating blood? Please see the attached flyer for more information.
7. Covid Dashboard: Beginning this week, Dr. Davis and I will begin sharing our Covid numbers in our weekly updates.
Since the beginning of school:
K-8: 7 cases
HS: 3 cases
Currently, all transmissions have been from outside of school.
Have a great week!