First let me welcome all of the new families to the ERA Middle School. We are loving seeing our returning students and getting to know all of our new students.
I’ll be sending you a Middle School Memo periodically as I’m the Middle School point person at ERA. I taught middle school math here for 11 years before moving to the Curriculum Director role. Middle School is the BEST!!!
1. PowerSchool – students and parents should have received log in information from teachers. If you have not received your PowerSchool information, please contact your student’s homeroom teacher. If you need a password reset or have another question, please contact Becky Moore email@example.com
2. We have a Middle School Guidance Counselor!! Mrs. Pamela Harkey (firstname.lastname@example.org) will be working with our middle school students and her intro letter and bio are below.
4. Absences – Please report absences to your student’s homeroom teacher and Mrs. Triplett. Your student can always reach out to their teachers to ask for any work that is being missed!
5. Upcoming Dates to Remember:
- August 24 – Early Release – pick up at 11:30
- September 2 – Early Release – pick up at 11:30
- September 5 – Holiday – No School
- September 9 – Progress Reports go home
- September 19 – Teacher work day
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. I look forward to working with you and your students this year!!
(To those of you that I met at the meet and greet, hello again! :))
My name is Pamela Harkey, and I am the newest member of the Eno River Academy counseling team. I wanted to introduce myself and share my contact information so that you know how to reach me if you need anything.
I will be working primarily with 6th-9th graders, splitting my time between the K-8 building and the high school. My role will be adaptable to student and teacher needs, so you may hear from/about me in relation to individual student meetings, classroom guidance lessons, or small group sessions. I look forward to meeting all the wonderful students here!
Please reach out to me with any questions or concerns you may have.
Bio: I earned both my B.S. in Psychology and my M.Ed. in School Counseling from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. This is my 9th year as a School Counselor, coming most recently from Northern High School in Durham. I live in Durham with my husband (another School Counselor!), my 17mo son Dean, and our two cats. I am thrilled to be working with the incredible team at Eno River Academy this year!