Happy Wednesday Middle School Families!
I hope you’re all gearing up for a safe, restful and fulfilling holiday! Here are some middle school updates.
- Progress Reports: Teachers will send progress reports to parents and students by the end of the day Friday, November 20.
- Absences: Students are counted absent if they do not respond via chat or microphone in class. It seems that some students are logging on to class and then walking away from the computer. If you notice absences on powerschool, it is likely that your student is not responding during class. If you are having technical difficulties, please let the teachers know.
- Classes: You may see some changes/adjustments in classes. Our amazing teachers are constantly reflecting on their teaching and making strategic changes in an attempt to serve all students to the best of their ability. Have questions? Reach out to teachers and ask!!!
- Many teachers have been discussing making time to work with small groups or individuals, so you may see students getting out of class early to work on their assignments.
- Monday, November 23
- We will not have regular classes. We will have morning meeting.
- The schedule will be the same – you MUST log in to ALL classes that you have a missing assignment in or have a D/F.
- Tuesday, November 24
- We will not have regular classes.
- We will have 5 minute chats with students
- North Carolina School of Science and Math Program Information for ERA Middle School Students: A representative from the NCSSM will present a variety of educational opportunities that our students could participate in. Please join us to learn more information about all of the programs that NCSSM has to offer.
- Time: Dec 8, 2020 06:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
- (Link is in the original email and will not be shared publicly outside of current ERA families.)
As always, I am thankful for our school community and for the opportunity to work with your awesome students. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do for your student!!