Welcome to PATH!
What is Parents and Teachers Helping?
Parents and Teachers Helping (PATH) at Eno River Academy is similar in function to a PTA. However, at ERA, PATH is overseen by the Board of Directors instead of operating as a separate entity from our school.
What does PATH do?
PATH functions as our school spirit and fundraising committee. We organize and oversee teacher luncheons, teacher appreciation events, and community building events such as Spring Carnival, potluck nights, book swaps, and game nights.
How do I become a member of PATH?
As a member of the Eno River Community you are automatically a member of PATH! PATH meets five times a year at 7pm in the K-8 commons. Additional meetings or changes to this schedule will be sent out to the ERA Community.
What if I don’t have time to commit to a monthly meeting?
You don’t have to commit to meeting every month; there are many ways you can assist. The easiest way is by completing the volunteer form found in your student’s information packet letting us know about you.
How can I help?
There are many ways you can volunteer with PATH during the year! Here are just a few ideas:
Entire School Year
- Liaison Chairs for K5-, 6-8, 9-12 and liaisons for each class
- PATH Office: Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary
- Chair for Spring Carnival
- Chair for Community Events
- Chair for Teacher Appreciation
Sub-Committees – meet outside of PATH meetings
- Movie Night – set-up and planning
- Evening Talks – set-up for event, promotion, and clean-up (three scheduled for the year)
- Workday luncheons – set up sign-ups and coordinate set-up/clean-up
- Support for Holiday Parade efforts led by Future Visions Committee (ERA Board)
- Holiday Teacher Celebration for K-8 and 9-12th (December)
- Support for Silent Auction – Set for February 16th, led by Future Visions Committee (ERA Board)
- Spring Carnival – Set for March 16th (This is our largest community event for the year. Organization, contacting sponsors, scheduling food venders, sorting prizes, setting up and taking down, are just a few volunteer opportunities for this event.)
- Teacher Appreciation/Administration Appreciation Week – end of April and first week in May
ERA PATH Event Calendar for 2018-2019
* Dates are subject to change