1. Medication: If your student needs to take prescription medication during school hours, please review, complete, and sign this form that lets us know all the specific information. We will also need the medication in a labeled prescription bottle in order to dispense.
I hope you are all excited for the first day on Thursday! We are excited to see you all at Open House or Meet and Greets!
Here are this week’s updates and reminders:
2. School Hours Reminder: K-8 begins promptly at 8:00 am. Drop-off begins at 7:30 am. Please have your student remain in the car until you see the admin team in place. The school day ends at 3:00 pm. If your student is not picked up by 3:30 pm, they will go to afterschool and you will be charged a daily rate for that day. We do not have a before-school program. There are no exceptions
****Remember that we have one line in the morning and two lines in the afternoon. We have lots of returning families so follow their lead. Please be patient for the first few weeks of school. The lines get better as families learn the procedures.****
3. Remind App: We have an ERA Parent Blast to share important updates including weather closures and schedule changes. The app is free and the directions are attached.
4. First-Day Protocol: Please do not walk your child to class on Thursday. The only exception will be Kindergarten. We will have staff members located around the building to help your student get to their classrooms. Thank you for your assistance with this.
From previous updates:
5. Open House: We will have our open house on Tuesday, August 8th. Class lists will be available at this event but not prior.
1st-5th will be from 3:00 pm-3:45 pm (Kindergarten below)
7th-8th from 4:00 pm-4:45 pm (6th grade and new to ERA Middle School below)
9th-12th from 5:00 pm-5:45 pm
6. Kindergarten Meet & Greet: Rising Kindergarteners are invited to the Kindergarten playground to come meet and play with the other Kindergarteners, chat with a teacher, and enjoy a popsicle on August 8 from 11:00 am-12:00 pm. This will constitute your open house.
7. 6th Grade and New to ERA Middle School Meet & Greet: Rising 6th graders and other new-to-ERA middle schoolers are invited to the 300 building to come meet some of your teachers, explore the middle school building, and get to know your classmates on August 8 from 11:00 am-12:00 pm This will constitute your open house.
8. August Board of Directors Meeting: We have our July board meeting on Tuesday 8/22 at 5:30 pm. The meeting will be virtually and the link will be provided as the date nears.